Wednesday, January 7, 2009

January 7,2009

7/365

Beautiful day today. Weather warmed up a bit, wind died down and sun came out. It almost looked like spring! Since it was so pretty, Courtney and I went out after work and played a little soccer. She tries to make home like school. The other day, I had to work late and Kirk was able to pick her up early. that very rarely happens and Courtney eats it up when it does. When I walked in, Courtney and Kirk were playing school. She had three stations set up and he was at the first one doing a color by number. It made me laugh seeing him on the floor with colors spread all about him and she was ever so gently reminding him to cal her "Ms. Allen". When I came in she asked me to play along so I settled in next to Kirk and she handed me my paper to color. Kirk and I decided to play the part so, when Ms. Allen wasn't looking, he hit me. Of course, I burst into tears and she immediatly sent him to the corner. When she wasn't looking, I stuck out my tongue at him and he of course, tattled. She turned to him and rather sharply said " I didn't see it so it didn't happen." I had to laugh. I was the teacher's pet. On this day, our "school time" was PE. We went outside and I took my camera hoping to capture some great photos. At first, she had to show me all her moves. I was pretty impressed. She could dribble the ball really well and she could could hit it with her head and knees. After I took my pics, we went across the street to play a little game. That girl's got game! She was using both feet to move the ball up and down the field and she was pretty tricky when it came time to go for a goal. I think she needs to play some soccer! I am adding those pictures--just because!





As we finished up, we turned to see the most beautiful sunset. The colors were so brilliant. My picture really doesn't do it justice. We stood together and she chatted about her game, but I couldn't keep my eyes off the sky as the sun dipped below the earth. God was great when he created the sun the moon and the stars! What forethought he had to imagine and create a sunset. Man could not even describe its beauty much less create anything as beautiful! Everything about it was amazing. I think I will make it a point to catch a few more sunsets this year.




No comments:

Post a Comment