Sunday, January 4, 2009

Day 3, January 3, 2009

I can't believe that we are already three days into the new year! I know I am three days late, but I did make a few resolutions this year so I thought I would share them. I figure if I tell you and blog about it, then maybe, just maybe, i will keep them longer than one week! So my picture today is what I promised myself I would do--get in shape! You know it wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have a husband that was rail thin. It would be much easier and way more pleasurable for him if he would just gain weight and quit working out BUT since he won't, I have to starve myself and do what I hate more than doing the dishes--WORKOUT! YUK! Thanks to the kindness of my parents, we added a weight bench to our workout room. Of course, by workout room I mean a small space in the garage, but, it looks really nice and I am kinda excited about it. Kirk has been out every day since we put it together and Rachael, who is our little powerlifter, even went and did her workout. It is very convenient and there really is little to no excuse for not going out and lifting for ten minutes a day so, I begrudgingly started my workout yesterday. My knees cracked and creaked, my shoulder that is very sore from my many hours attempting to beat Rachael at Wii Cheer, could only manage to lift 50 lbs BUT I did it and if I was honest with myself--it wasn't THAT bad. So, I will trudge on and try to become the slim trim wife I know my sweet dear husband wishes he had but would never--especially if he valued his life--voice out loud :)

No comments:

Post a Comment