Sunday, January 4, 2009

Day 1-January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

After a very hectic, but very wonderful Christmas, I just wanted to curl up in my pajamas with my new camera lens and my Bamboo writing tablet and create. I had taken hundred of pictures and I wanted to scrap them before I forgot the funny comments and the excitement of the kids. But, on my way home from Oklahoma where I was dropping of my son, I got an e-mail from my ex, Clint. I called him to talk and he told me his girlfriend--the one that both the girls and I really liked, had called it quits. We have recently--well for a year or two now, tried to put our differences aside and really co-parent the girls. It has for the most part been a really good journey and we have--all of us (DH ,Kirk, included) become good friends. So, in an effort to keep him from having a really bad new year, I took the plunge and invited him over for our New Year's Day festivities. We kicked of the day around noon and we had a lot of fun! I made a big spread--shrimp, a veggie tray for Courtney, chips and salsa, everything you could think of! We watched a little football and at halftime we broke out the new Wii Rockband that Kirk got for Christmas. Now that was funny! We put Clint on the drums, Rachael and Leah were playing the guitars and Kirk, Courtney and I sang. What a blast! Anyway, to make a long story short, at the end of the day, when Clint had gone home and DH Kirk left for work (yes, he had practice on New Year's Day!) Leah came up to me and said "Mom, this was the best Christmas EVER!" I had to agree. I had ALL my kids home, I was surrounded by my family and despite the economic situation the kids got everything they wanted and more! It was a GREAT Christmas and I am looking forward to a Fantastic New Year!









No comments:

Post a Comment