Sunday, January 4, 2009

Day 2- January 2,2009

Well, so far so good! I have kept up with it for 2 whole days! Of course, I haven't started back to work and there are no games to attend so, right now, this is fairly easy! Today I spent the majority of the day cleaning up around the house, playing Wii Cheer with Rachael ( a totally fun and addicting game) and Kirk and I went to see the movie "Benjamin Buttons." It was really good. Not anything like I imagined but really good.
Anyway, as I thought about the picture I was going to take today, I wanted something that really symbolized me. I think for those of you who know me, you would say this looks just like me. This desk represents everything about my life--messy yet organized. It looks totally disorganized, but I know where everything is. It holds all my dearest posessions..my pictures, clippings from the newspaper about my children, my latest projects, pictures that my little one colored for me and little sticky notes that she thinks makes my desk look prettier.To everyone on the outside, it looks like a cluttered mess but to me, it represents all the happy memories from my kids childhoods--the ones I am lovingly pooring hours upon hours of time scrapping so that one day, they can look at my completed project and smile with all the good memories. Hmmmm. Nice thoughts. One day, I will get around to cleaning it, but for now, this disorganized mess is my space--the only space I can call "my own" so if I want to stack it full of love notes from my baby and pictures of my not so little ones, I can....and I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment