Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Tuesday, June 8

Today was one of those days. You know, the one that finds you extremely busy, so much so that I am just now finding the time to blog--and it is 2:15 in the morning! Nevertheless, we woke up this morning full of excitement because today, Courtney's softball team, who won their little league play and were invited to attend the city-wide tournament, had our first game.

Kirk, Courtney and I went on Monday evening to scout the team we would play. Seems funny to say that we would scout a 6 year old team, but dang it if we aren't a competitive group of coaches. Considering that Kirk took his high school team to the playoffs and our assistant coach helped take the Midway High School girls to state--and won, you can expect no less from them when it comes to 6/7 year old coach pitch! So off we went, to enjoy an evening of softball. The teams were good, and we came into it today a few players short, new rules that we only had one practice to teach, and no photographer (that's me) because she was told she need to coach first because she was loud. Mind you, he said that was a good thing....

We showed up early to hit and those sweet girlies where so nervous--so was I considering that the extent of my coaching experience happened from the dugout and behind the camera! But, we settled into play and believe it or not, won the game. Now that is amazing enough, but the part that almost made me pee in my pants, bust at the seams with pride and made her daddy do the white boy dance, was our little girl playing first base. Now I normally don't brag much :) but that little girl is eaten up with softball and she already instinctively knows things that girls her age just don't get yet. But I chalk that up to the fact that she has a dad who coaches and a sister who plays and we have been watching softball and dragging her to games for years now. I already fluff with pride when I hear the other dads talk about how hard she throws, so you can only imagine how I felt tonight when, going into the last inning, with one out and a girl on first and second, and a girl up to bat who happened to hit the ball way up in the sky, my little girl, my baby, caught that dad gum ball and immediately turned around, saw her runner on base took off and tagged her for the final out! Yep, that's right..she's mine! Of course, I won't tell you how silly I looked jumping in the air because if there is anything worse than a white boy dance, it's a fat momma dance! but at that point I was to caught up to care what others thought! LOL!

After the game, Kirk and I were totally drained. Coaching this age is hard work! I hope I recuperate before Thursday when we have our next game. I will.. I think.

So anyway, remember I told you I was guesting for the digital magazine The Daily Scrapper? I wanted to share my layouts with you today since we are now able to advertise. Make sure to stop by the mag if you haven't already, and if you have time, check out my gallery and leave me some love!

I leave you with these:



This is Road Trip by Creations by Rachel found at Gotta Pixel




This one is from the kit Park Play by Melissa Bennett and Jennifer Barrette At Sweet Shoppe

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment