Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Day 2--The Long and Winding Road

We ended our first day in a town called Brownsville, TN. It was small. quaint. well...just small.  It consisted of 5 hotels, a Dairy Queen, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, KFC and a Sonic. Lets just say, when I looked up family dining, it gave me the name of the Huddo House which we soon discovered was IN the gas station! The kids, who wanted something other than fast food, quickly decided on Taco Bell with and an after dinner stop by Dairy Queen. There was no way we were getting them into the Huddo House!

Sunday morning, Rachael, who was up at the crack of dawn and ready to go, was impatiently waiting on us to get our act together.  She would have been the prize child for my mom and dad....she thinks just like them! I had already hit the snooze button three times, Kirk's alarm on his watch, that he CAN NOT here, was going off, and there sat Rachael, pretty as a picture and ready to go! We sent her down with the others to get a bite to eat while I took my shower and Kirk ran. She really is the mother hen only with far less patience!

As 9:30 rolled around, we hit the road for another day of driving.  This day though, there was a purpose! TODAY we would be in Tennessee at the Haluska's house. These kids have waited five years to return here and they were ready. Ready to see their Aunt and Uncle, ready to see their cousins, and more than ready to go white water rafting!

So, off we went. DVD's were playing, I was reading, Kirk was driving and all was good.  After a few hours, we stopped in Nashville for a bite to eat.  We made our way to one of the 500 state parks, and settled on a little area with plenty of shade and space for another round of frisbee.  The place we picked also had a great play area, so that was a plus.

 Don't they look all sweet and angelic like??


When in reality...

 

Rachael and Leah were having melon slapping fights....


and Courtney was providing them the ammunition...


While Allison studied the mustard jar and stayed as far away from flying melon as she could!

While we were eating, we  soon discovered we were being watched.  It was a little unnerving, but I knew I had to sneak in for a closer look--and a picture of our intruder.


Do you see it peeking out at me?  It didn't move one bit..just stared at me..... Until...






UNTIL THEY DISCOVERED THE PLAY CENTER....then it was bye bye little deer and hello crazy kids.

And then the frisbee started and all thoughts of the deer had vanished....




and this time, Rachael got a few pictures of me...just so that one day, I will know I was there!


She delighted in trying to get me in not very flattering poses, but she forgets that I have control of the delete button....but look at that grace, that style, that flare.....

and look at these faces that I love so much....






I LOVE VACATION!

til next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment