Saturday, December 18, 2010

New releases for December 17!

Hey friends! It's Friday..well it WAS Friday when I started this, but I am here to show you the great new releases at ScrapMatters this week! It has been a CRAZY week. Christmas is inching closer and I haven't even wrapped one present this year. It seems like if things can go wrong, it will happen THIS month! LOL!

Rachael had her ACL surgery last Friday and she is doing great..slow, but great! Andrew, however, called last week from Navy boot camp to say that he is being discharged due to the diagnosis of Psoriasis. It has been an emotional low for us this week as he had decided that he wanted to make a career of the Navy. He just loves it. So, after discussing it, and reading all about it, and finding out that our chances are very slim for an appeal to be granted, we decided that if you love something, you got to fight for it! So Andrew is waging his war on the inside, and we are waging Andrew's war on the outside! This week has been a flutter of e-mails and phone calls to the senator and congressman...and even the President got e-mails from us!! The good news is that God has opened some doors..now if the people on the other end would JUST LISTEN! 

Anyway, I hate to bore you when I know that you came to see the great new releases, so lets get to it!

First up this week, is a new release by Graham Like the Cracker. I fell in love with this kit..it is absolutely stunning! "ForHim" is for all those men and boys in your life. It is filled with plenty of "brownery" and greenery, as well as lots of manly flowers, this kit, filled with rich masculine colors, will scrap photos of all the men of your life. Plus it's versatile enough to scrap your every day photos and heritage photos!


LOVE the textures of these papers!  



and, for those of you who want it ALL...

and here is my layout using this outstanding kit! I think this has to be one of my very favorites!

Also, its not a new release this week, but I joined in the Grand Theft Layout Challenge this month, and boy did I have fun! We had to choose a layout from Miss Cinna's wonderful gallery, and scraplift it!
I chose THIS layout to scraplift:


That's my nephew Ryan, who is just 5 month's younger than Courtney! He is 100% all boy to Courtney's 100% all girl! But they are the best of friends!


Next up this week, is another new release from the fabulous Amy Stoffel who, up until earlier this week I was guesting for, but, she invited me to stay permanently and, of course, I said yes!! 

Amy's new release is GORGEOUS and really, the polar opposite of Jen Grahams which is what I love about scrapping! I NEVER get bored! 

Captivated is Amy's newest release. To be captivated means to be in love with, enchanted by and fascinated with someone or something. I am truly captivated by the beauty and innocence of my children, the love of my family, the dream of tomorrow and the memories of yesterday. This fresh color scheme and collection of beautiful elements combined with shabby papers will be perfect for scrapping the things that captivate you.
 Don't you just LOVE the colors??


And here is my layout using Captivated:

Allison and Courtney at the Zoo!
I just love how this one turned out!

Well, that is it for the night, I have plans for two more layouts on Saturday and another on Sunday so stay tuned for the rest of this weeks new releases! Make sure you head over to ScrapMatters and get the new releases while they are on sale! Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment